Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The World Is My Muse



 The crimson sky rolls like a marble in the universe,
amidst the abysmal maelstrom of energy only a blind
man can see. The journey of my fiber optic veins fights
to clone me into doppelgangers but the asylum has a
tight grip on my sight. Barbed wire around my neck,
I strain to catch a breath of the ash that haunts faces
never seen. Cadavers of words lie in a shallow grave,
and they scream into the cockles of repression. Wisdom
is no longer innocent, it has become the bile a swallow
cannot regurgitate to its young. Instead, the sand buries
the slices of evolution that have separated like an iron
clasp. Procreation has become a hobby, not a necessity
and the concept is as useless as a carpenter with rubber
nails. From this ignorance life has been spread like moss
on a pier, where barnacles eat their young with carnivorous
fury. God is not a spirit in this place, but a scapegoat when
luck falters and cartilage is only exposed in times of
desperation. The sign of an apocalyptic presence is denied
by those who are colorless. The planet has begun to crumble
like the Berlin wall. As islands sink, mountains rise, and
even when the incapacitated generations vanish, nature
will contain their history in its roots. And so, I will watch
with sunken eyes and use my fingers to convey effervescent
thoughts as I make the world my muse!


© 2011 Donna J. Sanders


No comments:

Post a Comment