Wednesday, March 20, 2013

My Testimony



Sometimes I feel as though I’m sliding off
a deflated world, where skeletal vines suspend
me, the abyss beneath, a wormhole to the Devil’s lair.

As misfortunes grow, leaving me hollow,
exhausted, destitute as a third world country, my
feet exposed to jagged dirt depleting the sanguine fluid

that nourishes, barbed wire tightens its grip
with vengeance. I sob rivers of albumen when
rigid skin harvested over years of excessive cultivation

crack like egg-shells, but only small enough
to contain my yolk. Even though my internal fluids
ferment, this core refuses to be petrified, not even Pompeii’s

fury can coat me with sediment to obstruct
time, partially exposed to treasures out of reach.
Eyes ascend, knees dismounted, and hands unburdened

to catch omnipotent benevolence, I see the
fluorescent journeys, chateaus where transparent
spirits reign, on this battleship of immense infatuation.


© 2013 Donna J. Sanders

No comments:

Post a Comment